Friday, March 13, 2009

Loss in Dreams



I was away, abroad and upon my return I was worried that everything would be intact. I couldn't find my apartment, 5D, in a vast side by side sprawl of apartments. I came upon what I thought was 5D but it was 5P.

I had too many things to carry, typical, and although M was with me, too much to bring upstairs.

5D kept eluding me. We found a floor manager, a strange thought, and he took my key to open the door.

He seemed to disappear, too, and we went downstairs to bring up the balance of my possessions.

We found another elevator bank.

M and I seem to be separated.

I got into the elevator with three other people--two women and a man. Strange behavior of the couple. I was still shell shocked, humbled by my loss, or separation, and suddenly before we reached the fifth floor, I realized I had probably lost my laptop.

Dream ended.

No comments: