Saturday, December 03, 2005









At Thanksgiving dinner Thursday night, our hostess, invited the circle of more than 3 dozen, to share their thanks. Sophia, 13 years old, shared, "I am thankful that I don't have to experience loss to appreciate what I have."

Yes, I'm paraphrasing, but you get the idea!

Now, believe it or not, I am struggling with how much I'd like to see of my City of birth before I leave.

Several times I've nearly come to tears as I touch base with the past. This past Thursday, December 1, was such a day.

After taking some unpleasant tests, one of which had me still for 45 minutes, coffin-like, I decided to proceed Uptown to 53rd Street, a most magical street of New York City museums.

I only managed the MoMa, but I did peek into the shops of two others.

At the MoMA, I was privileged to see van Gogh's "Starry Night" and several rooms filled with the work of Redon.

But for every street and avenue that sparkles under my feet with remembrance, nothing shines like the skylights of this City.

No comments: