Saturday, August 16, 2008

Eyeglasses, Ice Cream and a Bagel

I was more than delighted to receive a call yesterday, "Your eyeglasses are ready."

So, a shift in plans and a trip to Honesdale rather than joining the action at the Damascus Citizens Auction got me comfortable new eye-wear, a new eye-glass case, a stop at the Cafe for a bagel with Nova, a plus one cup of coffee and a relaxing and profitable morning.

Before I stopped at the Cafe, I went over to Quality Print and organised the comb binding of my Art on the Loose zines, with inserts, and a pocket envelop. I also had my new Medi-card laminated and my wonderful old Tarot Joker spiffed up.

After filling up at Turkey Hill, I stopped at one of several yard sales and picked up a clothes rack (72") for a mere three dollars, and then traveled up Galilee to the Ice Cream stand. There I ordered some ice cream, to go, and bought two plants, one a hanging tomatoe with lots of small green tomatoes. I hung it up on the front porch.

It's a birthday weekend and one I'd like to remember with fond-ness, and fun.

No comments: