Monday, May 25, 2009

On the road dream

Nice (France) Railway Station*

Car, Marijke, Sarah, Belgium, Amsterdam, perhaps Jane Blake, travel, petrol station, many different roads to follow.

M and S are going to Europe. I remember my displeasure that M was going to Belgium and not Amsterdam. I wondered, as I do in life, why she has no active curiosity about where she was born.

We and I am not certain who this we is are in a vast territory. I was driving and went off the road to get petrol and use the Loo.

At the railway station we all seem to converge and I use another route while M is in the Loo.

When I emerge another person who appears to be a friend enters another stairwell and she says, "there you are."

And in the course of this brief interaction, I say it is safe, and she says, "no I'd rather go the 90 dollar route."

For reasons I can't pinpoint, yet, when reviewing this dream a few hours later, Nice's railway station came to mind. I have not been to this station since 1967. Not incidental to this connection is that when I was in Nice I was part of a traffic accident that ruptured my spleen.

No comments: