Wednesday, November 23, 2005


This blog is intended as a place to record memories, not ordinary memories but my memory of place.

Today for example, I had a false start in Park Slope because in such a few short months, less than 9, the number just short of pregnancy, since I lived there I found my favourite Lebanese shop altered, the corner store at 3rd Street now a restaurant, the place I bought 3 of my 6 Merrick's closed and no evidence of a bakery between 9th and Union Streets.

I was grateful the eyewear shop was present and open. I will have some new spec's by February, two years since I dropped by and bought two pair, one for walking around and another for reading this fuzzy screen we call a laptop.

I managed to pick up some new underwear, and two warm wool socks, buy terrific cheese, crackers and two treats for myself: halva and nutella. I neglected the lemon curd but will remember before the year is out.

Speedy was ready for me with a Nissen,

and off I drove to the Two Hens. Crowded with people clamoring for good pies, cakes, cookies and freshly brewed coffee, I bought not one but three pies in anticipating of two days of Thanksgiving. Thursday in Phoenicia, Friday in Narrowsburg.

Perhaps I'll have memory of these places to share. Perhaps!

No comments: